Thursday, July 9, 2009

The REAL Hangover!!

Woke up and looked at my watch… the F#$@%&* thing read 5 and by no logic sent from up above, could I decipher what was I doing at that time of the morning lying in a horizontal position on a cushiony bench that too in a small enclosed room…
I literally had no idea how the hell had I landed there but the throbbing headache with the sweet smell of hangover told me that something wasn’t well… and heck NO, IT WASN’T!!!
Stood on my faithful legs and looked around to get my bearings right… God only knows what can 3 big vodkas, 2 white rums and 13 red and green coloured vodka + tequila shots can do to your senses!!! But then there I was getting my bearings aligned, trying to get a hold of self and the surroundings…
My already loose jeans seemed a lil loose as such especially when I put my hands into the pockets… and lo behold… All the buttons were open!!! Nothing ever can explain my condition especially when u wake up with a hangover and not remembering a thing about the last night… instinctively I looked around and on the ground, half expecting to see someone from the opposite sex (or worse still of the same sex!! [would make it clear here, that whatever people may think here, let me tell all and sundry that I AM STRAIGHT]) lying on the floor or somewhere around… and to my heart’s content there was none…
Else who knows, like the movie Masoom, some one may just come knocking on the door some day… phew!!!

Anyways, with the headache and still drowsy I managed to walk out… only to find myself in the midst of all packing being done in the hall… no signs of any xler there or any other with whom I can have any remote connection… grabbed a bottle of water while making my way out to look for a loo and as my luck would have it, %*^$#@ all of them were locked!!!

Anyways made use of the flower pot nearby under the shade of that huge banyan tree and when I think about it now, infact it was a totally different experience peeing in a pot at 5 in the morning, standing under that banyan tree, still drowsy with all that daaru and left side of face smeared with some pasta toppings…

Woke up a taxi driver sleeping in the car as carefree as I had been some minutes back oblivious to the world around… had to literally kick him to wake him up when he woke up with a yelping squeal… shook the drowsiness out of me nonetheless…

The ride of 1 hour took only 30 mins that morning and the look on the security men in my building was worth noticing… buggers looked shocked to death, seeing me walking in at 5 something in the morning… still drowsy with sleep and the daaru that had been the harbinger of the night…

Lazily, I crept into the bed, still wondering WTF must have happened the night before… but somehow that too was short lived as the daaru and drowsiness made head way into all that was going in my head, giving some more delectable respite from all that rut…

P.S.: next part to continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment